Wi-Fi in 2017, 2018 And Beyond ... What Really Matters?
WI-FI BUYER'S GUIDE 2017
With the rise of Wi-Fi-enabled devices entering our organizations, and the expectation for realiable connectivity, there are several requirements IT Managers consider when choosing a Wi-Fi solution today.
IT Managers need to ensure they have sufficient bandwidth; can scale and adapt as required; have appropriate network security; and have a central point of management. All while keeping cost and complexity to a minimum.
Wi-Fi vendors in the year 2017 will offer solutions to all of these requirements as we see market shifts. There is increased 802.11ac Wave 2 adoption; a large transition from centralized to distributed control; and the continued rise of cloud networking and software-defined architectures.
The question becomes: Does your Wi-Fi, or the solution you're considering, deliver on these five key attributes?
- Adaptability: Continuously adjusts to client, application, and infrastructure changes.
- Flexibility: Easily integrates with existing architecture and applications.
- Affordability: Reduces the cost of acquisition and ongoing operation of the network.
- Continuity: Self-optimizing, self-healing, and self-organizing operation.
- Scalability: Starts small and grows – or shrinks – as requirements change.
In this series of posts, we provide answers to these questions, because finding a solution tailored to your requirements is vital to the success of your digital workplace.All posts in this series: